Since 1967 we have been working for the conservation of the environment of the Balearic Islands.
At the end of the 60s, with the evolution of the service industry in the Balearic Islands, the waste sector underwent a natural increase which led to the need to establish specific collection and treatment systems for the waste produced by this new sector.
At present, our activity is divided into five main areas:
- Recovery of all types of materials: although in the beginning we focused on the purchase and recovery of scrap metal, metals and material from demolitions and scrapyards, today Adalmo also handles the recovery of all types of materials including paper, cardboard, plastics and any recyclable material. Since 2020, Adalmo has a new facility with the most advanced technology dedicated exclusively to the recovery of 100% of the treated materials.
- Hazardous waste: since 1997 we have been authorised to collect and condition all types of hazardous waste, offering safe and effective management for its correct treatment. Continuing with its desire for leadership, Adalmo is the pioneering company in the Balearic Islands in offering solutions for asbestos removal, decontamination and management of contaminated soil and land, as well as offering a 24-hour service for environmental emergencies.
- Health care waste: since 2010 we have been managing health care waste with an innovative sterilisation plant which was accompanied, in 2022, by a tank washing system to reduce the use of plastic materials and the consequent environmental impact of the activity. In 2011, we began managing the transport, collection and treatment of medical waste from hospitals, clinics and small producers.
- Urban waste: Expanding the area of activity, in 2015 Adalmo was awarded the design, construction and management of the es Milà urban waste treatment plant, located in Maó (Menorca), with new facilities for the treatment and recovery of waste. Continuing with this service vocation, Adalmo collaborates with different local entities helping them in the safe management of their Green Points.
- MARPOL waste: from 2020, authorised by the Balearic Islands Port Authority (APB), Adalmo provides reception and treatment services for selective waste generated by ships in the ports of Palma, Alcúdia, Maó, Eivissa and Formentera.
Residue “0”: As pioneers in the circular economy philosophy, since 2022 Adalmo has been accredited as a certifying company offering the distinctive ZeroWaste (ZeroResidu) seal to our clients. The seal certifies organised waste management, prioritising preparation for reuse and recycling for transformation into new products, reintroducing them into the value chain and thus avoiding the disposal of waste in landfills.